Sunday 5 November 2017

NaNoWriMo Day 5: One of those days

I’m not exactly out of words, but remember when I said that sometimes my days are just uneventful and there’s not much to talk about?

This is one of those days. I basically wrote yesterday’s blog, took a nap, and have been watching Downton Abbey Season 6 for the past few hours.

This is definitely Procrastination Central for me, since it’s definitely not like I don’t have things to do. I have to throw out things I don’t need, start packing things to make life easier for future me, search for apartments in the new place to live. Instead, I want to know more about what happened to Marigold, will Edith ever kick her editor in the nuts, and if Edith ends up being not straight. (She can’t find the right man, because she needs a woman!)


(Spoiler alert: That would never happen because back in the 1900s, homosexuality was still seen as something revolting, and Thomas’ storyline is so sad, I doubt they’d make her storyline like that. Boo.)


This is only the overview of things that need to be done.

It’s partially because I get so anxious about doing things, as well as getting emotional about things that I do not want to get emotional about. I am an emotional hoarder. I’ve kept receipts from random coffee shops because it reminded me of the friend I went to the coffee shop with.

I realize that realistically, if I want to take everything I have with me, I will need a lot more boxes just to fill in the extraneous things. On a related hand, part of me doesn’t want to leave certain things behind, because I know I have to buy it again.

For example, letting go of wrapping paper because it’s pretty is good in the long run, because I don’t do anything with it; it’s just there.

But leaving my clothes rack behind because it’s too bulky and inexpensive to be worth taking with me just sucks. Not because I have an emotional connection with it (you dry a lot of things, like my tears), but it’s one more thing I have to buy anew when I move to the new place.

It’s the same with condiments in my fridge. Actually, I’m not sure if vinegar counts as a condiment or an add-on. Taste-adding things? We have spices as a word for well, spices, and condiments as a word for mustard, ketchup and so on. But, where does vinegar, rice vinegar, chili sauce, and so on fit in?

At this point of time where I’d have moved three times already in the last five months, it makes sense that I don’t hold onto these things as precious to me. But, they are precious, as they are disposable, just because I don’t think you can rent a cooler just to ship about five different bottles of condiments (add-ons/flavoring agents/liquid gold?) to Michigan for a cheap rate.

However, I can’t wait to have my own apartment that is not so temporary, mainly so that I can buy actual furniture and decorate the walls with my various posters (Doctor Who, Musicals, myself, Dan and Phil)

Yes, I have a poster of me. No, I did not print it myself.

I don’t think I’m going to write more than this today. 1000 more words would basically just be fluff. I promise to make it up with an essay/formatted rant about one of the following – you get to choose here!!

Leaving you with this song, mainly because I like it a lot and I want other people to listen to it. (I have not seen the video, so if it’s NSFW, I apologize):



Leave me a comment (Constructive criticism, remarks, opinions for future posts, everything is welcome!)

Words left: 43523

1 comment:

  1. I will also procrastinate and will pass commenting. Joking. Yes we all have this problem of clinging to the odd items. Lucky you shifting often can do an inventory of what to keep. Now follow the rule that throw things that you have not used in past 4 years without thinking. Leave only those of your very close one out of this rule. We still have the papers with those crayon lines that was supposed to bhaive your writing when you were a year and half, the small man & woman toy gifted to us at the time of our marriage, the stamp size photos of your school id card etc.

    New place and a new dawn

    ReplyDelete